Tasha Layton, backing Vocalist with Katy Perry, gives us her short checklist of the basics.
Tasha Layton first came to national attention on the Fox reality TV program, American Idol (Season 9).
She was selected by the judges as one of the contestants to go to Hollywood.
Now she has a singing life that can see her vocalizing for up to 12 hours a day – we asked her to reveal her vocal health tips:
1. Eat Well & Exercise (It’s also good for fitting into my costumes!)
2. Drink Lots of Water. Keep all of your liquids from being too hot or too cold.
3. Sleep. It’s one of the only things that restores the voice. Getting enough sleep is a huge factor for successful singing.
4. Steam (or humidifier). A hot, steamy shower is excellent for the voice. I often place a humidifier in my room if I have an important session approaching.
5. Warm Up Properly – there is never a time I don’t warm up. Also: cool down after your performance (in the form of a shortened warm up).
6. Avoid Dairy Products…and other foods that can create phlegm and acid reflux.
Tasha Layton is a singer, songwriter, musician based in Los Angeles, California. She came to national attention on the Fox reality TV program, American Idol (Season 9) when she was selected by the judges as one of the contestants to go to Hollywood. She sang…READ MORE