Here’s a brief selection of insightful and thought-provoking comments left over the last month…
* …couching requests (and sometimes outright demands) for more cooperation from the venue in terms of their dollars lost or gained often generates a positive response faster than… from Charles on Vocal Relationships That Work
* Looking for best mic can be frustrating. There is no one best mic. I have had good luck with… from kimbutler on Leave a Comment and Win
* I’ve spent the last 12 years drinking iced britvic 55 on stage. After reading this I took a glass of room temp water and the difference was amazing!! from Mark on W.A.T.E.R. Sound Advise for Singers
* In a world where we are constantly judged (and judge ourselves) on what we are ‘doing’ rather than what we are ‘trying to do’, it’s really hard to pat yourself on the back for even attempting to…. from Kate on Guts to Pursue Your Vocal Career
* Even a self-massage of the face and neck area could be incorporated into the singer’s warm-up routine to promote vocal freedom. Also (ok, this may sound awful), another good exercise is… from angielynn on Time for a Vocal Massage
There were so many more we could have included here!
Thank you one-and-all for making this site the domain of singers across the world.
Now, drum-rolls, please…
Congratulations to our two winners:
Paco Santolaya – for the comments provoking the most reactions. Paco comes from Madrid (see Web Ones).
…another question which is bothering me since a couple of years. In my repertoire there are some songs which I have been singing so many times that I am absolutely sick about them. I try… on Pacticing Performance
Gary McKinney – for the sheer number of relevant and insightful remarks:
At last — PRACTICAL advice on how to get vocal gigs. Open mics, make a demo, get it into the hands of as many people as possible and then the key word — perseverance! Phil King: Getting Vocal Gigs
Winners are asked to get in touch with the editor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up the great work and remember: when you leave a comment, you are enhancing the lives of singers across the world.